An hour drive outside of Dothan is a new place we tried out called McClellans Critters. They had both exotic and farm animals. It was pretty neat. Lil Brian had a great time talking to the animals.

In the other picture the Lion was licking his chops. Big Brian didn't like the way he was looking at him. This black bear totally smiled for the picture.
It's fascinating to think that he was just 8 ounces when he was born.

Our tour guide made the animals stand up just so we can see how huge they are. The cats were fed chicken and it was crazy to hear the sound of the chicken bones cracking. My favorite animal was Bubba. The Grizzly. He's a sweetheart and they are looking for a girlfriend for him. Bubba will follow him around the grounds like a puppy dog. So awesome. Here he is feeding Bubba marshmallows and talking about how big is claws are.
The Monkeys enjoyed their potato chips.

They also enjoyed a Diet Coke or two.


This poor Mama black bear is due to have her cubs any day now. She would grunt and groan and is completely miserable. They say that she's not eating much. We'll return once she has her new cubs. They say we can bottle feed the cubs. I'm soo there. I've never had multiples but I know what it feels like to want to be done.

This is Brian petting the Camel.

The tour guide would try and take away the potato chips to get the monkeys rivaled up. Those fangs are scary. He showed us a scar from 4 years ago. I'll stay on the other side of the fence.
The Big cats were mammoth in size.
There were several different kinds. One of the them caught and killed a raccoon. The tour guide kept apologizing for having the dead coon in there and said that he'll remove it before the Tiger eats it. I was really impressed with the Liger.(half lion half tiger)
Our tour guide made the animals stand up just so we can see how huge they are. The cats were fed chicken and it was crazy to hear the sound of the chicken bones cracking. My favorite animal was Bubba. The Grizzly. He's a sweetheart and they are looking for a girlfriend for him. Bubba will follow him around the grounds like a puppy dog. So awesome. Here he is feeding Bubba marshmallows and talking about how big is claws are.
Lil Brian is pointing and telling me about the animals.
The Monkeys enjoyed their potato chips.
They also enjoyed a Diet Coke or two.
This poor Mama black bear is due to have her cubs any day now. She would grunt and groan and is completely miserable. They say that she's not eating much. We'll return once she has her new cubs. They say we can bottle feed the cubs. I'm soo there. I've never had multiples but I know what it feels like to want to be done.
This is Brian petting the Camel.
I'm just loving the double stroller. We were located halfway between Dothan and Montgomery. After visiting the animals we drove to the Mall in Montgomery. I browsed around looking at Easter outfits for the boys. We didn't buy anything but it was fun to get out of Dothan for awhile.

1 comments:
What an awesome day trip! And fun for the boys (and the mommy :)).
Post a Comment