Friday, July 24, 2009

My last primary activity








Brian is serious when it comes to getting potatoe chips.
Bethany who is home from BYU Idaho for the summer is helping we out with Lucas while I chase Little Brian around.



















I finally made some room on my memory card. So many picture opportunities were flying by and I couldn't catch them. I knew that I didn't want to miss taking pictures of this mornings Primary activity. The ladies worked so hard and it paid off.




I guess I should explain ... We have 4 activities a year for the primary age children from church.




This year we had it on the Bakers property. They have acres and acres and we set up a path (orange tape). Along the path the kids had different distractions set up. Some distractions were good such as doing service like cleaning the church chairs. Some distractions were not so good. We had several people out there with cell phones, temporary tattoos, movies/internet. The kids were told that they had decisions to make. It was interesting how many kids didn't want to do service. At the end of the path we gathered into a room surrounded in white to represent the Temple. The Temple was the goal and the decisions that are made every day effect our worthiness to enter the Temple. In the room we had several pictures of Christ and reverent music playing. Pictured is the picture of the closest Temple which is the Atlanta Temple. The one that they will be going to when they do Baptisms for the Dead when they turn 12. The Primary Presidency and I bore our testimony. I was touched and could feel the Spirit strong. It was a good activity and I think the kids understood. After that the kids swam in the pool, played, ate snow cones, PBJ sandwiches with fruit and chips for lunch. Little Brian had a very good time.















Standing next to me is Amanda. She'll be taking over the calling that I hold dear to my heart. I've worked as the 1st Counselor in the Primary Presidency for the past 41/2 years. Amanda is an absolute Doll and just moved into our Ward. From the pictures on her blog her house is gorgeous. She has 3 boyswith her oldest named Lucas. They will love having her in Primary.








I will miss Primary so much. The kids are good kids and the teachers are the best. I'll miss the beautiful songs and the yearly themes. This year is about Families being together forever. There is only one other person who has been in Primary for as long as I have and that's the President and my good friend. She and I have been through it all together and I hope that someday we'll get to work together side by side again. I told them if they need me to sub for a class not to hestitate to come get me.

1 comments:

MissManda-Mae said...

becky, you are too sweet for words... that picture of me is blek, but i am glad you posted it, because I think it is a beautiful one of you!! I love you, thank you for your kind, caring, upbeat temperment and example.... YOUR THE BEST!