Wednesday, August 11, 2010

How do I convince this lady to stay? This is my Mom.
She's been here a month and a few days. She leaves tomorrow. :(
I wonder if she'd stay I offer a
year's supply of non alcoholic pina coladas or
a large Sonics cherry limeades for a lifetime
I'd pay her but I know I couldn't afford her.

The best gift that I could receive is the gift of family. (The next best gift is pictures of family- Thanks Stacy!) I want my boys growing up knowing who their family is. I'm so grateful that my Mom could drop everything and come stay and help out. She cooked, cleaned, mended clothes, entertained the boys, gave free babysitting, offered emotional and physical support etc. I'd be a wreck if it wasn't for her.
The boys have had a great time with her. We'll carry on her singing idea at family prayer to invite the spirit. Dinners will be a breeze with the freezer meals she made. She missed her 35th wedding anniversary so she could be here. I love my Mom and and continues to feel the love from her. She is an example of selflessness and loves her grandsons.





My Mom is Anakin's favorite person but my Mom doesn't feel the same. He thought that he just had to be in the picture.


4 comments:

the happy thomas family said...

what great pictures of your mom and the boys! we've loved the chances we've had to spend some time with her. what a great example of selfless love and service, she is!

the happy thomas family said...

and i'll take the cherry limeades, if she doesn't want them. totally.

just kidding ... :)

GramsCookies said...

Becky,,,thats what "Mommas" do for their kids and grandkids...
and as your family grows up, thats what you will do too...
you'll be ok and do great....

Nilla said...

Aw! What a sweet blog post! And I laughed about the last comment about your mom being Anakin's favorite, but she doesn't feel the same. Hahaha.