Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Little Brian had his 1st Thanksgiving dinner and program at preschool. He did super.

 We couldn't be more blessed this year for Thanksgiving. We had the Murray family over before they moved to Texas and Jerry joined us later for dessert. The menu consisted of.. Blueberry deep fried turkey, homemade rolls, crescent rolls, sausage and mushroom stuffing, sweet potato casserole, tip top cranberry salad, raspberry pretzel salad, and mandarin orange salad w/ poppy seed dressing

On the dessert menu we had pumpkin ice cream layer bars with the gingersnap crust, pecan bars, cranberry white chocolate chip cookies, and apple blackberry pie. I tried several new recipes and happy that they all turned out to be winners. It worked out well cuz the kids table was in the kitchen and the adult table was in the living room.  The blueberry turkey was so good that there wasn't much for leftovers. Bummer for me cuz I wanted to try out a new Turkey chili recipe. I think everyone needs to at least try a deep fried turkey once in their lifetime. Brian will never go back to regular baked Turkey. We only got a 10 pounder cuz I was going to do a ham too but that was crossed off the list as well as the green bean casserole and the creamed corn casserole. I love food and gatherings with friends and family. It's easy for me to get carried away and it's always soooo fun. I'm already making my food list for our Christmas gathering.

2 comments:

Lara C. said...

Beck, I have a turkey chili recipe that Jim loves. I will have to send it your way and its very easy. Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds delish!

the happy thomas family said...

how we wish we could have been there. so glad that you all had a wonderful holiday.