Monday, February 6, 2012

Being a fan of Jello and the Month of Love.



Jacob is a huge fan of Jello. He likes it everywhere.


I'm a huge fan of February. I love the weather, valentines, the sweets, etc.
I could not wait to get the month started so I threw a small couples dinner party on the last Saturday of January.   It was Brian and I and two other couples. Sadly the unfrosted cake was the only picture to show for the fabulous night.  I'm happy that my friend Stacy caught a few sweet photos of the night so I hope to post those later.   Dinner was delish and the company amazing. The night was even more special since our friends Victoria and Jonathan became newly engaged just a few hours earlier. Very excited about their wedding set for the 27th of April 2013.  To celebrate our love and friendship the ladies were going to have friendship bracelets as placecards and I didn't think the guys would care for the bracelets so they got a pair of socks (since they were such a cute couple/pair) I didn't get the table set in time so bracelets/name cards didn't get there in time but they were appreciated.The ladies also got some bling for the night which were conversation hearts attached to rings. After dinner we got jumped right into the games. There were 3 different ones. The first one was "Don't steal my Heart" which everyone had chopsticks and tried to get as many conversation hearts out of the bowl in the center of the table. I was really impressed with Brian's chopsticks skills since he won the majority of the rounds.  The 2nd game we sat on the ground and worked in couples. We used a  butter knife to unwrap as many Hershey kisses as we could while wearing  socks on our hands.  Victoria and Jonathan won that game and their prize were twix candy bars cuz as we know the candy bars come in a set of 2. The last game of the night was called "Tower of Hearts" where the one with the highest tower of conversation hearts wins. I printed out some couple conversation questions and we didn't get thru them all but it was such a fun evening. It was nice having just us couples and enjoy a night without the kiddos. I can't wait to have them back and have the boys play together. One of the things that I took away from that night is that your truest friends know what dishes you have since they are the ones that jump in a help set the table.  Oh and another thing is that I could eat Stacy's Super Salad and Victoria's fruit salad day after day after day. So yummy.

2 comments:

Nilla said...

That party sounds so fun!! You are very creative :). Looking forward to more pictures from it :).

the happy thomas family said...

:)