Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The perfect St. Patty's Day






Usually St. Patrick's Day comes and goes but this year was different. It was actually quite fun. My good friend Hila came down on her Spring Break to have her last Hoo-rah before she graduates and moves to Washington. She will surely be missed. To celebrate her being here we had a Potluck party. It was all very delicious. Kristy made a picture perfect fruit and dip tray. Kira brought green grapes and green beans with bacon. Yumm. I provided the lasagna rolls and drinks. One of my favorite foods of the night would have to have been Stacy's marinated chicken salad. It was soo good and maybe if I'm lucky she'll post the recipe on her blog. It was a green salad with chunks of marinated chicken, red grapes, craisins, tomatoes, almond slices and maybe cheese. I could have it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For dessert Hila made green oreo truffles (another favorite of mine) and Stacy made chocolate mint brownies from scratch. Both desserts were Divine. I had spinach dip ready for after dinner munchies but dinner was oh so filling and oh so good.
The girls were good sports for playing a matching Irish word game. They did really well and it was all really close. Kira won by getting 6 Irish words correct. Good Job Kira!!.
Little Brian was going to be hanging out with Dad but Lil B wouldn't have it so he joined us after dinner. He had a good time visiting with the ladies. The whole evening was all very nice.

1 comments:

Nilla said...

This was a fun St. Patrick's Day!!! The food was fabulous! The company was top-notch! I wish we could do it every week! I know... You all need to move to T-town!! Loveya Becky! And Lil B is sooo cute. I love letting him fall asleep on me :). Sweet baby.