On the second day of tackling the project "Garage makeover" we came across a beat up saturated looking box. Stacy asked "What's that?" My response "Oh, that's the Becky box." "I have no idea what's in there but Brian's in charge of it" Stacy reached in and pulled out and cobweb covered email that I had sent to Brian years ago.
And that's when a new project started. At first I was afraid that B would get mad and think that I was nosy for getting into his stuff nevermind the fact that we were throwing the items away. But then I knew that he'd eventually forgive me and figured that we were doing him a huge favor. So far as I'm typing this.. he hasn't said anything so I'm pretty sure he's ok with it.
Top picture was taken when we were done. I was trying to do my "ewww" face but couldn't help but smile.
The box was filled with 7 years of stuff that had been collected during Brian and I's on and off dating relationship. The condition of the stuff inside was disgusting. It's contents was a mystery. There was proof that critters have been sorting and partaking of the goodies inside the box. I remember sending Brian Canadian candy and making a candy lei for his HS. Graduation.
He. saved. everything. Little love post it notes, cards, tickets, letters written from my mission, mushy love letters, some not so mushy love letters.
Clearly we wanted to salvage anything we could.
With Stacy's photography skills, a good pair of surgery gloves, and a high gag tolerance we got to work. It's a treat to have Stacy help me with this process. She's a sweetheart in giving of her time and finding a babysitter for Ammon. It was fun to listen to Stacy cuz she'd give her insight on what it was like to see Brian before we got married. For ex. we found the ticket to Six Flags over Georgia from when Stacy and the two Brians went. Stacy also mentioned that they were there when Brian went thru the LDS Temple for the first time. She is a jewel and I'm blessed to have her working on this with me.
The dirty banged up box held many treasures. One of my fav's was a caricature of Brian and I from Brian's Prom. Our worst fear was that there might've been something deceased at the bottom of the box but thankfully that wasn't the case. We couldn't help but laugh at some of the things that I wrote back in the day. My little doodlings that I drew. I don't know exactly how I'll put the final project together but once it's done it'll be awesome to be able to go thru old memories. I'd like to try and find the rest of our cards and letters to each other to add them as well. I'm thankful that Brian held onto this box cuz it tells our story. Our story is unique. One thing I love about our story is that it has a happily ever after.
1 year ago

2 comments:
AH!
so glad you posted this ;) .
who would have thought that sifting through that DISGUSTING, DISTURBING and otherwise UNNERVING box ... would be so fun?!
but it was.
the memories there are eternal. for you and brian ... and for me. i'm so glad that we have been around for so many stages of your story. looking forward to the rest of the journey. love you so.
never forget: 'always remember you're amazing!' and '<--- i love your hugs! --->' !!!
ah. memories.
Just one really big Awwwwwww! that is so incredibly sweet! (that he saved everything- not the smell) =]
Post a Comment