

Obiwan you were a gift to me from Brian right after we got married. I remember going to the shelter and picking you out from your brothers and sisters on July 19th 2004. I knew you were the one. You were 8 weeks old. The shelter named you Sonny. I struggled to decide on a name so after a day or two Brian picked Obiwan. You were a gift that neverstoped giving. You were a comfort and a friend when Brian worked nights. You had so much energy and needed a running buddy so we got you a friend named Padmae. You guys became fast friends. You'd be sneaky and jump the fence and cruise the neighborhood up until we got the electric fence. Before then you knew where home was and be sitting on our front porch. You were our "Marly". You watched our family grow as we brought each baby boy home from the hospital. You did awesome with the boys. We turned you into SuperMan and you came out trick or treating with us.

It was heartbreaking to watch you struggle with the allergies. Padmae and Anakin would lick the gunk out your eyes and your ears. I'm grateful that you were part of our family for the past 61/2 years. There is peace knowing that your in a better place and itch free where you can run and run.
You'll always be in our Hearts.
Obiwan Mitchell May 2004-April 2011
4 comments:
obi, how i'll miss you. it would be selfish of me to wish you back again - knowing you are with your heavenly father. thank you for the memories - and for the love you always shared with me.
i know your family feels the same.
***
i know what a hard decision that this was for you. it isn't easy. i'm glad that you have found peace and comfort in knowing that you made the right choice. know that obiwan will always love you and be grateful for all the love he had (and will continue to have) in your home. it's funny how they become part of the family. so very easily. i'm grateful for what we know - and i know, for certain, that it applies to them, too.
sending all our love and support - during this time, and always.
I'm so sorry becky! I've never had a pet, but i can imagine that this would be very difficult! THINKING OF U! HANG IN THERE!!
I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Zoey was our pet from the beginning of our relationship and we lost her to her poor health after 7 years.
I remember meeting that little fluff ball of Obiwan before he even had a name. He has always been so darling.
So sorry to hear about Obiwan, I know how much you loved him and how much he met to you. I know what you mean when your husband works nights how, he probably brought you lots of comfort and peace and a sense of safety during those nights. He was such a sweet loveable personality. He will be so missed. My thoughts are with you during this sad time. Love you and miss you!
Kristy
Post a Comment