I'm thankful for this Man. We met back in High school thru my Best friend. We were very good friends for a long time. One night I got bored with the flirting game. I had to be the aggressive one and say something along the lines as "What's going on"? He answered me with a kiss. We dated on and off for 7 years. I moved to Utah then went on a mission to Vancouver Canada. I came home to Cali and then back to Utah. Brian finished HS,worked at a few places like UPS and went to AMP school then accepted a job working on Helicopters out in Alabama. He moved out on his Birthday. He was totally supportive in my in all my decisions and rarely wrote while I was on my mission. He said that it would've been to hard. I told him to date other girls but he said that he didn't. He be stubborn that way sometimes. But I love him. The long distance relationship was hard. He'd come to Utah to see me and I'd go and see him in California. I have all of his letters somewhere.
In Alabama he met some missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Called them to see what time church starts and showed up. He was taught by sister missionaries who were serving in the Dothan 2nd Ward. By this time he had grown out his hair and I'll never forget the phone call. I was in Utah in the basement of the Brigham City house. He said that he cut his hair and that he was going to get baptized. I was floored and ecstatic. I couldn't make it to his baptism because of school but I arranged a trip out to see him thinking we're just friends. I saw him and all the warm fuzzy feelings came back but I couldn't be ready for marriage. I just got home for a mission. Nobody else was getting married it's scary and it's serious and it's forever. I couldn't believe that this guy wanted to spend an eternity with me. On the 3rd proposal I confidently told him yes. I'm thankful that he didn't give up on me. I'm thankful that he gained a testimony of Jesus Christ and made sacred promises to be worthy priesthood holder. They say when you marry you marry his family as well. I got really lucky. I'm thankful for his parents and the amazing job they did in raising such a good man. Mom helped him in Scouts, taught him to have good morals, and to have a faith in God. Dad showed him by example how to work hard and provide for your family.
I'm thankful for the wonderful Father he is. He is very involved in raising our son. He will spend some time with his son so I can sleep in. He's been to every baby Dr's appointment with our first and with this one as well. Except maybe one and that was just for me to do a routine check up towards the end. I'm thankful that he helps keep me balanced. When life gets a little crazy and I feel like I'm going to crack he calms me down in a way that only he knows how. He simplifies things for me. I'm thankful that he's great at Math and numbers.
They have a special bond that is undeniable. I'm thankful for being able to watch them play together. At times I have to look aways cuz Big B will toss B in the air a little to high for me but Little B loves it. I'm thankful that he makes me laugh. I'm thankful that he lets me spend as much as I want and do what ever I want. I'm thankful that he works so hard for us so that I'm able to be a stay at home Mom. I'm thankful that he puts his family first over work and play. I'm thankful that I get to see a side of him that nobody else sees. I'm thankful for his kind, compassionate heart. I'm thankful that he's a great kisser.
I am thankful that I'll be going down this path with him by my side for an ETERNITY.
![]()
1 year ago

1 comments:
This was absolutely lovely. I'm so glad you guys are so happy :). And I love the picture of Lil B on B's shoulders. Too cute!
Post a Comment