Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happenings in our happy home.




Here's what's happening in our neck of the woods...
Grandma Mitchell taught me to take a picture of the boys for each month till they turned one. It's fun to see how much they change during that month. So here we go...
Lucas is ONE month old already. Isn't he a cutie?
I think so. He doesn't smile a whole lot yet -unless he has gas.
Sure enough I knew it wouldn't be long but he's in the 3 - 6 month old clothes.
Ever since day one he kicks his blankets off to expose his feet. I'll have proof soon. Lucas loves being held.
We are adjusting to one less set of hands and eyes. We had it so nice with Grandma here but things are going well. I try and let Brian sleep after him working all night. I've only had to wake him up for help once which is pretty good. I found the babybunching website a great reference. The recent post seemed to have perfect timing cuz it was all about breastfeeding with a toddler running around. Brian is wonderful and makes it possible for me to get out for an hour or two in the evening to run errands.
Our weekend date was spent at home with a couple of movies. We watched Lazarus Project and The Forbidden Kingdom with Jackie Chan and Jet Li . They were alright. I wouldn't add them to my DVD collection. The Lazarus movie Brian had to explain a few parts to me. I love love love watching movies with Brian. He explains things without making me feel stupid. I'm good about waiting till the end of the movie to ask questions.
Little Brian is doing good. His favorite toy of the week is Big Brian's calculator. They are inseparable except at meals. Maybe this is a vision of things to come. I hope that he takes after his Dad as far as math skills goes. Another favorite past time is pushing the music buttons on Lucas's swing. It's gotten to the point where the music gets on our nerves. Our first attempt was taping a 3x5 card but that was short lived cuz B just laughed and riped it off. Big Brian then pulled out the duct tape and applied it over the buttons. Hooray for duct tape. We are enjoying the peaceful rhythmic sounds of the swinging swing without any twangy music. Soo nice.
I know that the Christmas season is upon us. I'm ecstatic that Brian's parents and Brother are coming out. We'll be taking them to see The Christmas Carol over in Montgomery where we saw Beauty and the Beast.
We recieved a call today and they asked Brian if he would speak in Sacrament meeting. He told them that he wasn't a very good speaker but that he would. I knew it was hard for him cuz I know how much he hates speaking in front of people. My heart goes out to him cuz speaking for 10-12 minutes in front of a huge congregation is not easy. Growing up the in the church we've been given opportunities ever since Primary to give talks. I'll try and pull up some material that he could possibly use. They asked me to speak as well but I without a doubt will be in the Mothers Lounge feeding Lucas and trying to keep an eye on Lil B so I had to politely decline. He'll do great and I'm looking forward to hearing him speak.

4 comments:

Nilla said...

Good luck to Brian (he'll do great) :).

And wow! Lucas has changed so much in the past month! That's amazing how much they grow!

Lara C. said...

I am so glad that you put up a new post. I look forward to them everyday! Lucas is adorable and a little chubba wubba and of course its needless to say how adorable LB is. :)

Xoxo

the happy thomas family said...

how sweet...

hope you enjoy christmas carol as asf... we have always really liked that one. we aren't going to the holiday show this year (*totally bummed*). i opted for les miserables next summer. (*definately not bummed about that*).

GramsCookies said...

Well I have fought all week not to bug you about Lucas 1 month old picture....I know you have your hands full. Where is Lil B pic?
...Big Brian has always loved Duct tape.