Sunday, November 9, 2008











I didn't get any pictures of peanuts but they were there I promise. It's that time of year again when the National Peanut Festival rolled around. Brian really doesn't like going cuz of the animals and peanuts effect his allergies. I'm glad that he came and had I'm sure that he had a good time due to the fact that the evenings entertainment was the demolition derby. Plus we met up with our good friends Murray family and took Little B to feed the animals at the petting zoo. Little Brian sat on his Dad's shoulders while we watched dancing elephants, camels, ponies, and dogs. They even had the classic motorcycles being driven in a metal giant shaped hamster ball.
It was great.
Little B loved his first taste of cotton candy and funnel cake.

The demo derby was awesome. I had this fear that Brian would fall in love and find this to be a new hobby. Thankfully that wasn't the case when he said that he's been in to many accidents. There was a few fires started and a few injured drivers. I couldn't help but think of all the cars that we had growing up. Our old station wagon. They had a couple of those. They even had a Ford Escort which was my first car. It's currently being driven by my brother but I'm sure that he'd be happy to have it demoed.


















The kangaroo pic is for my Mom. She has a great kangaroo collection. They also had porcupines at the petting zoo as well. They didn't let us get to close. :0) I had to be sure that Brian held his hand out flat when feeding the animals. He did really good.
We were pretty well prepared weather wise. Next year I'll remember to bring something more than just a few snacks. I had forgotten how expensive fair food can be and the line for the Corn Dog Man was ridiculously long.
Lucas slept thru most of his first NPA experience. I'm sure that we'll be back next year.























1 comments:

MissManda-Mae said...

heyyy becky!!! i'm so glad i found you!! great pix of a great fam!!! I can't believe how big your boys are getting!