I was looking for an old picture and realized that one of my firsts posts was pictures from last years Christmas in California. It seems like we got together for paintball and it looks like we'll be doing it again this year except I'll watch the guys play instead. This might be the start of a tradition. Christmas paintballing.
It was fun to look back at last year and reminisce. New Years at Laras. Aunt Lynn's Christmas party. Great times. I will miss my family and Sister in Law but am thankful to have my In Laws and Danny here for Christmas.
Brian and I were discussing how we were going to open presents. Growing up my family someone played Santa and we went from Youngest to Oldest taking turns. We'd watch the receiver open the present and when that person was done we'd move on to the next person. Come to find out it drove Brian crazy -waiting for someone to open the gift. Brian's family members take turns distributing each of the gifts and said a huge thank you in the end. I'm pretty sure that there is more to it so I'll double check with him. There is no right or wrong way to do it. Overall the important thing is that a whole lot of thought went into the gifts and that they were given out of love.
So I was just curious on how does your family open gifts Christmas morning?
1 year ago

4 comments:
Becky ..lets do it how you want.
Dont listen to Brian,,,he didnt like it cause he wanted to open all his, play with the toys, and eat his biscuits and gravy.
And he never wanted to be Santa and pass out the presents. That would mean he would be last...LOL
hahahaha. Too funny. He said that the buscuits and gravy would get cold. Tee hee.
I prefer opening them one at a time. Otherwise, you don't get to see everyone's expressions when they open their gifts, and you loose track of who gave who what.
Yep... My family did it the way your family did. And I think that's how I like it best. For the exact same reasons Heather said. Plus, it makes it all last just a little bit longer :).
Post a Comment