No pictures this time. I've just been trying to get a cheapo flight out to California in May. Jennette's graduating from USC , Mom's retiring, and Little B's 1 year B-day is in June. Whoopee. Time to celebrate. I've checked Southwest.com, airtran, cheap tickets, so far. I'd like to fly out of Dothan but that's almost $600 for just me and of course Lil B. I've made a list of pros and cons.
Pros for flying out of Dothan
-Brian doesn't have to take off work to drive me to the airport.
-Our car has been acting a little shady lately so I'll be able to breathe easier.
-Gas prices are insane
Cons for flying out of Dothan
It's more $$$
They have a bad rep for flight delays.
Ugh. I'll be fine once I get through this loop.
My loving understanding husband and ferocious guard dogs will be home just in case any stupid thieves even think about stopping by. ( We found out that the Ogden house was broken into not to long ago.). It made me so mad. Which reminds me of a kinda funny story. A long time ago we were living in Huntington Beach, CA and we had the disabled kids living with us at the time. I can't remember if it was Shari or Martha. Well, there was a robber that entered the house but they didn't get very far cuz they were scared off by one of the foster kids making noise in the middle of the night. We chuckle about it to this day. I'm sure my sister could tell you more funny stories cuz she remembers EVERYTHING.
1 year ago

4 comments:
I totally blog-stalked your sister and left her a comment today. I like her blog. Anyway, who's house in Ogden? Also, have you checked flights out of Montgomery? I know it doesn't solve the problem of Brian getting to go to work, but it's not as far as, say, B'ham or Atlanta, and the prices are usually not as bad as out of Dothan... Also, sometimes they have propeller flights out of Dothan -- and those are scary.
Or you could try Tallahassee airport, it's really not that far away either, but it's a bigger airport. =]
you've been tagged! see my blog...
Becky!! You could always try the Greyhound bus to another airport, it's not too bad, speaking on experience. Yes I was mad too when I found out about the Ogden house, especially when they took the (*possibly future) washer and dryer. And the lamps, mom thought you would be devastated about the lamps. Grrr...
On a happier and homesickness-inducing note, I went to the upland Farmer's market in downtown Upland with Heather. I miss those. You'll have to go in May.
Post a Comment