Sunday, April 20, 2008

Stake Conference

It was Stake Conference weekend. I really didn't feel like dressing up Saturday night. I even called my parents to have them verify if it was a must to dress up when I wasn't going to be in the chapel. I ended up going casual with a black skirt and flipflops to the Saturday session.

Summer is coming and I know that it's only going to get worse as I get/feel bigger. The stockings don't feel the least bit appetizing. I did dress more appropriate in church attire as we made it to the packed Sunday session of Stake Conference. Stake Conference was really good and seemed like all the topics were written for me. The speakers spoke on over coming adversities and missionary work. Talks on overcoming adversities always makes me nervous. It's like the Lord is preparing me for the worst. I don't know if this is an adversity but lately it seems like I've been in a slump. I don't know if it's homesickness. I don't know if its the moodieness from the pregnancy or what. But I've just wanted to be closer to home. I've been thinking about my family life in Al or moving closer to home in Cali. Don't get me wrong Alabama has been good to us but I know that I tend to get home sick and miss the fam. Listening to the talks from Conference were comforting and the closing song from last night was Count Your many Blessings. I've been truly blessed with a wonderful family, health, and a happy home. The Misson President and his wife spoke. The talks on Missionary work reminded me why I'm here and that I need to come out of my little bubble and open my mouth about the Gospel. The hymns sung today were I believe in Christ and The Spirit of God. I left with my heart full and my spirit fed. Oh and Little Brian did a superb job sitting still for the whole 2 hours.

1 comments:

Nilla said...

Well, Little B always seems to do a great job. He's so laid-back! I'd been in a slump, too, Becky. Maybe that was just going around... I'm glad to say I feel like I've conqured the slump for now, at least :). I feel so much better today, even though I felt better Saturday and Sunday as well. It is hard to be away from family. I'm glad you're going to get to go home for a visit soon. And I'm glad you felt so uplifted at Conference. Loveya tons!