Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Some grow fruits and veggies, others grow flowers, I grow weeds. :(



I'm kicking myself for not doing a before/after picture.

Today seemed like a somewhat productive day. The weather was perfect, Brian woke up earlier than normal, and Lil B was sleeping for the next few hours so I knew that I had no excuse not to get out there and do some yard work. The over growth and the weeds have been haunting me for awhile now. I would hang my head in shame every time I would pull in and out of the driveway. It was so embarrassing. Last time I said something about trimming the bush Brian teased and replied "I'm gonna hire someone to come out and trim it to look like an elephant or something" I thought to myself that would look so nice right next to my yard full of weeds. Well today was the day.




Brian mowed and trimmed hedges. I attacked weeds. I hope that I made some sort of improvement. Poor Brian. His allergies almost did him in. I haven't done this much work in a long time so I'll probably feel it tomorrow.




We discovered that we have raspberries or black berries growing inside a the bush next to the street. The fruity bush has thorny branches and I would get pricked constantly even with my gloves on. We rewarded ourselves by having pizza for dinner. There are no elephant statues in our front yard and I can hold my head higher when getting the mail. As for now the backyard will have to wait till another day.

2 comments:

Nilla said...

Loved the title, though :). And good job getting out there and doing all that.. pregnant and all!

Heather said...

My weeds would put your weeds to shame. Just ask Mel. I finally mowed them down two weeks ago and again last Saturday. I did take a before picture, but I'm too ashamed to post it. You've probably dewberries growing in your bush. We were talking about them at the FHC the other night, and Rip said if they are already starting to rippen they are dew berries. He said blackberries don't rippen until later in the summer. I have them in my yard too.