Thursday, June 5, 2008

My B-day


Yeouch! 29. I just know it's another year till 30. I wish that I could say that I'm not feelin it but I'm sure that it's the pregnancy and not the age. I spent the actual day packing and going out to dinner with my family. We tried out a new BBQ place that everyone raved about. It was called Lucille's. I got the combo plate with the beef ribs, St. Louis ribs, flamed sweetcorn and garlic mash potatoes. I recommend their strawberry lemonade. It was all so good and the portions were pretty hearty. Grandma Mitchell watched Little B for the evening. She worked on her quilt after he went to bed.
My Sister In Law threw a huge combined family party at Red hill Park the Saturday before. This girl knows how to throw a party. We celebrated my Birthday, hers and of course Little Brian's. I wanted to mix up the menu a little bit so I asked for a Nacho Bar instead of the Hamburgers and hotdogs. It was great to see friends and family. There was water balloons and a cake shaped pinata. Everyone was so generous when it came to gifts. Pictures will be posted soon. I wanted to share what my Mother In Law sent me. Mine is in white instead of red which is perfect cuz our appliances are white. I've been wanting one of these babies for the past 10 years.It was on my wish list for almost every birthday and Christmas. I fell in love when my neighbor across the street used hers to whip up a batch of cookies. I was like woah. My Mom always thought that it'd just take up counter space but I say it'll be okay. Thank You Grandma Mitchell. I love my mixer.

7 comments:

Nilla said...

Awww! Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you had a wonderful one! And yes! I am looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday! Who wouldn't love that mixer. Even Mel wanted one, and she doesn't cook. I say wanted because she now has one.

Kira =] said...

Happy belated birthday! The mixer is enviable!! I say "the" because really what other kind of mixer is there. Maybe I'll have one by my 29th birthday. =] But I must say I can't believe you celebrated Brian Jr.'s 1st birthday without his Daddy.

Mitchell4 said...

Trust me Kira We are not done celebrating Lil B turning one. His B-day isn't until the 18th so we'll be celebrating the Saturday after since it falls on a Wednesday. Brian was truely missed. Little B is a lucky little boy and the combined family Birthday party was a hit thanks to my MIL and SIL.

Nilla said...

Woohoo! Extra-long birthday celebration... Now that's a good idea!

Mars Bell said...

I'm so sorry I missed your party. :o( There's always Gameworks *wink wink*

Kira =] said...

Yay for two parties for the one year old!!!!! so glad to hear =]

i'm still envious of the blender though. =]