Wednesday, June 4, 2008

We are Home!!



The trip to California was utterly amazing. It would have been beyond amazing if Brian and the dogs were there. We squeezed in so much fun stuff. I couldn't blog at the end of the day cuz I was completely exhausted. Little Brian did wonderful. Not once did he have stranger anxiety. I am trying to put together a slideshow and I will try and narrow it down from the 882 pictures that were taken in 3 weeks to a select few. It was a blessing to be able to be there when...
my sister graduated
Mom celebrating her retirement
spending the holiday weekend with B's family
getting to relax and have some ME time
celebrating birthdays, and finally letting family see how Lil Brian is growing cuz pictures just don't cut it sometimes.

Little B's meltdowns on the airplane over were a small price to pay and it was all worth it. I was stressing out so bad about the direct flight back to Alabama that my Dad gave me a Priesthood blessing. My prayers were answered. We made a quick stop in Vegas. Everyone piled off the plane and I could have any seat that I wanted. The stewardess entertained B while I used the lavatory for the first time. (I've always been able to hold it before) The flight wasn't a full one this time so I could spread out and have 3 seats to myself. Lil B still fussed but a kind Stewart took him showed him the cupboards, cabinets up front, and rocked him to sleep cuz it wasn't going to happen with Mom. I tried. He was my Hero. Johnny who works for SouthWest. Thank you again wherever you are. (Pic of Johnny and Lil B didn't turn out cuz of the flash)

Sitting behind us were two older gentlemen who were coming back from doing a marathon in San Diego and were so impressed with Lil Brian that they took a picture of him. They said that they were photo journaling their trip and he gave me their website to let me see his picture posted. I had him take a picture of Lil B since this will be the last airplane trip with just the two of us for awhile.
I asked Brian if he wanted us to go back to Cali because it's a lot louder now and it makes it hard for him to sleep during the day. Thank goodness the ceiling fans drown us out.

1 comments:

Nilla said...

Glad you are home safe!!! And glad you had such kind people on the flights home!!