Sunday, June 29, 2008

Photo journaling Handy Manny, and double dating

I could kick myself for forgetting to whip out the camera and take a few shots of our double date with Brian & Stacy. Argh. It was really good to hang out with them and it meant a lot since they were recuperating from a week long family vacation. It turned into a two nighter double date. (I just didn't want the fun to end) Saturday night we went out to dinner at Logans Roadhouse and then book browsed at Barnes N Noble. I peeked thru the baby name books and card board childrens books. Brian picked out a Fantasy/Sci Fi Book to keep him entertained at work. The Thomas's got a few things like Airwolf movies and cardboard books for Ammon. We finished up our browsing and shopping at 9:00. Driving in the car we called Brian T's cell phone to ask if we could continue the date the following night. I felt bad about bailing out early but I knew Big B was tired. We must be getting old. Brian went to bed at 9:30. I'm usually up till late but since I didn't feel like being the last one up I headed to bed as well. This threw my sleep schedule off and so I woke up at Midnight wide awake. I did dishes and looked through my cook books. I eventually went back to bed. I heard Big B get up around 5:30. Next thing I know Brian comes in to wake me up and says "Umm I didn't realize what time it is." It's going on 9:30. Church started a half hour ago. I moaned and rolled outta bed. Thankfully Brian had got Little B up and fed. Brian lost track playing his World of Warcraft game and Lil B played in his pack n play with the cartoon Handy Manny in the background. Brian figured that it'll be time to get ready when the show was over. Turns out they were showing a Handy Manny Marathon. So Brian lost track of time. I felt so bad cuz the poor ladies in Primary were probably thinking Where's Becky??? . It was my turn to do sharing time. Thankfully it was an easy object lesson one and I just had to pull together some objects before running out the door. Not much preparation needed. We got there in time to do a quick 10 minute Sharing time.
Church seems much shorter when you show up late. On the way home I assured Brian that church tardiness wont become a habit. The rest of the Sunday was a breeze. I napped, made a batch of Cowboy cookies. (oatmeal and chocolate chip) ate dinner, and then headed over to the Thomas's for the 2nd half of our double date. We had games and dessert. We introduced them to the electronic version of Life and munched on cookies, icecream, and a variety of chocolate candy. Brian won (by winning the lottery a few times) then it was Brian T and Stacy and then Me. I forgot that you only have a certain amount of turns. Brian usually wins when it comes to games. I'm okay with it and accepted it... well .. sometimes..

I wish that I would've remembered to take pictures. I'm sure Stacy did. She's really good at remembering. So that's our weekend. We had an awesome time with the Thomas's. They are such neat people. He's just newly graduated and going thru the whole job resume/search. We can't wait to see where the Lord will send them. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll still let them be a short skip and a jump away from our house.

We are pretty excited about celebrating the 4th with the Thomas's, Kremers, and the Whatleys. It's one of the years highlights cuz the guys buy and shoot off their own fireworks. Firworks + cool people + good food = a Great Time.

3 comments:

Nilla said...

I know you felt freaked when you found out you were late! I loved your comment about how church seems to go by fast when you are late ;). Too funny!

Sounds like you guys had a blast with B&S!

Lara C. said...

Did you get to use your mixer for those Cowboy Cookies? :)

the happy thomas family said...

loved our visits! and an early happy anniversary to you!